Friday, June 17, 2016

Wednesday... Thursday... Friday!

Friday was a very long day. Up at 5:30, in a field by 6:15... picking up rocks until 7:45... one more mouse found as well as a tractor blade. Said blade had been propelled off by a rather large rock.

To work, girls off at VBS. I worked on my dress... turns out I screwed up and will need to go back and rip out some stitches so that I can get the bodice to fit properly (the waist is too big).

Today I was asked to also pick up the neighbor boys today so that they could learn some origami. I got to borrow the neighbor's van.

After getting all of the kids signed out, M said, "Four kids are a handful..." My response clearly surprised some of the moms as we passed by, "Good thing I'm not having four kids." As a nanny, I am often mistaken for being a parent, and I love how people are taken aback when I say something that shuts down their preconceptions.

We got home and the girls and boys played "Star Wars" while I made Mac and Cheese for lunch. Here is one little rant/question I have: Why do toy companies make "weapons" for children? A plastic lightsaber in the hands of 5-8 year olds can do quite a lot of damage. Fingers, faces, pictures... even fish bowls are not safe! Luckily, specific instructions to play with it nicely and a warning of toy jail if done otherwise, was enough to make sure no one and nothing were hurt.

After lunch a mutual family friend of the boys and girls' mothers came over and brought origami supplies as well as cookies. We had a blast.

After work I went home and baked muffins and brownies.

Zach and I capped off the night by packing up some of our stuff. We will be moving into a house my parents rent out at the end of the month and I am super excited. I've been a Pinterest-aholic for the last few weeks... I love decorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment