Sunday, June 5, 2016

Sunday, June 5, 2016


Sunday is the one day I completely have to myself. I don’t have any form of work to do, so I can typically relax, but today wasn’t relaxation mode. Today I had plans. First was cherry picking. Once they become ripe we have to race the birds, and this year was one of the best yields we’ve ever had. I went outside covered in sun screen and bug spray, and was then asked to go back inside and grab some for everyone. Coming back out I saw this sight:


Callie used the sun screen first: 


Then Zach asked me to go back inside and grab him a granola bar. On the way out I ran into my momma: 

There are a lot of cherries at the top of the tree, so we needed ladders. 

One of our kitties likes to watch people work and inspect our progress. This is McFly, our other kitty is Marty.

Not a bad first day of picking: 


Zach and I knocked off early to go to Festa Italiana with Scott and Zach’s mom. Zach is a car guy, and I am a dog person… 


Irish Wolf Hounds! I also like little cute things: 


And any reference to Disney is awesome: 


And we shopped around, Kate and I got meatball sandwiches and water, and I found and purchased this little beauty: 



I from left to right: My memory ring, it has five bands that link together and represent five separate things that are very important to me: my family, my friends, my integrity, my beliefs, and the betterment of mankind and the world. The middle one is my class ring, and the last one is the one I got today because I’m a sucker for elephants. It hasn’t left my finger since I bought it. 


On I marched. It was hot, and I saw someone selling and marking it as Italian shaved ice because we were at an italian festival. I was sadly disappointed. It was chipped. Yes, there is a difference, and yes, I care about such things. Italian shaved is thin slices of ice that are about the thickness of tissue paper and fully soak up the flavoring poured over it. Chipped is the basic and standard snow cones that you see every where else. While being cold, it is not the best possible thing someone could order to cool down. A slushy is a better option. But, it was hot, and I was thirsty, and the kiwi flavoring wasn’t half bad. So I swallowed my pride and ate/drank the thing. 


 And Zach and I felt the need to take a selfie. Aren't we cute?




We then decided to go to Michael’s so that Kate could get a shadow box for Zach’s foul ball and while there I shopped a bit…


I should never be unsupervised in any craft store or Target. I will buy everything!!!! But hey, I come by it naturally, my mom is an artist and my dad’s mom is also an artist. So it follows that I am an artist/avid crafter. 


We then parted ways, but Scott and Zach had made plans to get Leo’s pizza later tonight so we had a few hours to waste. We went to Town Topic and I got a chocolate malt, yum! The boys then decided to drive around a bit, and I decided to take a nap in the back seat. When I woke up we went to McDonald’s to use their bathroom and because I feel badly about using a bathroom and not buying anything, I decided to get a pop (to not fall asleep again) and some fries; which proved to be a wise decision. We drove around a bit more and then went to Leo’s. Zach loves Leo’s, but I sadly am not a huge fan. They use provel cheese which has swiss cheese in it… I love cheese, but not swiss. 

But, seeing that I want to claim adulthood, I decided I would try a bite. Nope, I am a child. The rest of my piece went to Zach. After the boys finished their very large pizza I asked Scott what he’d like for dessert. He said, “Sidney cookies and ice cream”. That’s right; my cookies are good enough people ask for them by name. We went to target and the guys got Ben and Jerry’s chocolate explosion (complete with cookie dough bits), and I got Bunny Track’s Homemade Vanilla, you can call me basic, but this is one of my favorite ice creams ever. 

We went home and the boys decided they would mix up the dough and I would bake those little pieces of heaven (apparently I can do it the best). And we ate. It was good. Scott went home, and then I decided I would attempt to fill out paperwork…

A W-4 to be precise, along with other legal documents and crap. This was hard-core adulting. 

Yes, there are multiple levels. Beginner: being able to cook and not burn the house down, doing laundry and keeping the house clean.  Intermediate: Paying bills, occasionally taking care of children and not ruining an aspect of their childhood, and changing oil. Advanced: Picking a retirement plan, buying a house, raising children and filling out legal/government documents. 

I had gone from a beginner, dabbling in the intermediate shallows, to being tossed into the deep end without a life vest… sinking… sinking… help…. 

Mom to the rescue! We got about half way done and then realized it was 10 and I had work in the morning, we called it a night. 

Good night, evil government documents, good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment