Friday, June 10, 2016

Friday, June 10, 2016

For today's field trip I took the girls to one of my favorite places on earth: Pet World. Pet World is much different from other pet stores because the owners let you play with the animals and take them out of their cages. The girls hadn't been there before so they were pretty excited when we got there.
The camera wasn't used on this trip because I was determined to keep a close eye on both the girls and the animals. Hamsters and other small rodents are fragile, but little fingers also don't appreciate being bitten. Luckily, neither of these potential events happened.

After the girls had loved on some gerbils a bit I suggested that we walk around the rest of the store and see what all was there. Pet World has some pretty awesome reptiles and amphibians on display. I'm fascinated by snakes and the like, but I prefer them to be kept in their cages, and I thought the girls would too... I pointed out a banana ball python that my sister was pretty fond of the last time we were there and A. asked me if we could hold it. I'd held it before... with much trepidation, but I didn't want the girls to pick up my fear of snakes. I asked for an assistant to unlock the cage and she then handed the snake to me. Must. Remain. Calm. I asked the girls if they wanted to touch it. A. was all for it, M. was a bit more hesitant. She touched it and then suggested we go back to the "small, fluffy, things." A. however wanted to hold it! I was impressed. She held it for a minute and I noticed the snake was becoming a bit agitated so I put him back in his cage and we walked around a bit more, with A. constantly jumping up and down telling me that she held a snake. Callie would be so proud.

After holding the other animals for a bit longer we went out to lunch. We packed a picnic and went to another park that's down on Mass.


The girls liked the gazebo.


It was getting to be 1,  so we walked to the Arts Center and A. and I dropped M. off for her last camp meeting. A's meetings had finished the day before so the two of us had a couple hours to burn.

First we went to the Toy Store.


We played with magnets and made a little town.


Somehow we managed to make a replica of the Leaning Tower of Pisa....

Then we went downstairs and I now know where I should get my puzzles from now on.


I ran across something I know Zach would buy if it were only in his size:


We drew.


We went upstairs and I saw something that reminded me of a special someone:



And then I found something that I simply couldn't live without:



And I also found something that I must have on my bookshelf:


While I am a Potter Head, I don't personally own the books, but my aunt does and she lets me borrow them any time I want (I'm spoiled). A. read a bit and then we went to a couple store's that I'm fond of: Brits and Au Marche.


A. read some more and I looked around and realized that we should have a tea party sometime.

While at Au Marche A. smelled every soap and asked me if we could get chocolate sometime. Who could say no to that?


While we were walking back to my car I realized that something was missing. A. had left her water bottle at one of the stores we went to, but which one? We tracked back and finally found it by the Harry Potter books.

After we had gotten back and moved my car we played pass the pigs while we waited for M & A's mom to pick them up. A. destroyed me.

When I got home I baked for the market. Don't these look good?



And this time I made sure that the money box was with my goodies before I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment